Silent Auction Information
Handbid Mobile Bidding Software
This year we are once again utilizing Handbid for our silent auction! Below, you will find the steps to download the mobile app onto your personal device, then sign up with Handbid so that you are ready to bid once the auctions go live!
October 3, 2019 - Polish the Jewel Legacy Luncheon Silent Auction goes live.
For any questions regarding Handbid Mobile Bidding Software, please email Ayo Thomas at
LET'S GET STARTED!
Check out this quick video to familarize yourself with the basics.
Once you have Handbid downloaded, you will need to create an account. Open the app and click the "Get Started" button to enter your account details.
Once logged in you can select your auction be either the event name or date and you can begin bidding!
You will be asked to add your credit card in under the “Profile” section to make check in and check out even quicker. Note: We will not automatically charge your card, but you may have the option to pay for items you win depending on the auction setting!
This is Handbid
No smartphone? No problem. There will be iPads available for you to bid from or you will be able to access the auction through a web browser on your smartphone using a special URL that will be available closer to the auction opening.
Here are some quick tips to really maximize your silent auction experience :D
1) Check out the Auction when it opens early! This way you can browse on your own time and really figure out items that you want to fight for!
2) Set "Max Bids!" A "Max Bid" is the maximum amount you are willing to spend on an item. When set, Handbid will automatically bid for you until you lose the highest bid. This way, you can chat with friends and colleagues, head to the bar, or check out more items on the tables - all without missing a beat!
More Handbid 101!
3) Allow push notifications. This way Handbid will be able to tell you if you have lost the highest bid on an item! Also- I will keep you updated on timing, items without bids, and special sales :)
4) Monitor your winning & losing bids from your "My Bids" Dashboard. You can do this on your personal device as well as the iPads located through the venue.
5) Pay from your phone! When the Auction closes, the app will automatically take you to your unpaid invoices. You can then pay from your phone and go to the pick up table. This way you don't have to wait in line to check out!